Public Outreach and Communications Specialist
Iringa Mjini Iringa
DAI Global LLC, is implementing the Feed the Future Tanzania Land Tenure Assistance activity (LTA) funded by the USAID, based in Iringa. This four-year project will assist 41 villages in Iringa and Mbeya Districts to register land ownership by issuing CCROs, support village land use planning efforts and increase local understanding of land use and land rights.
To accomplish the project objectives, DAI Global LLC, Feed the Future Tanzania Land Tenure Assistance (LTA) seeks to recruit a committed and dedicated candidate to fill the position of Public Outreach and Communications Specialist.
The Public Outreach and Communications Specialist will be responsible for implementation of the LTA Communications Plan. The Specialist will assist in the planning, development, design and production or manage the production of LTA communications and outreach materials and events as required. The Specialist will deliver LTA communications directly at the village, district, and national level. The Specialist will also train other LTA staff, organizational partners, and public officials in the use and delivery of LTA produced communications and outreach materials. These will include but not be limited to: public meetings; large and small group trainings; informational materials such as posters, banners, and brochures; communications campaigns using radio, television, newspaper and social media; and creative communication methods such as community theater, music, etc. The Public Outreach and Communications Specialist will work closely with the Chief of Party and the Land Administration Specialist to receive technical inputs for developing outreach and communications messages and materials.
OBJECTIVE AND DUTIES:
The Public Outreach and Communications Specialist will be responsible for:
- Implementation of the LTA Communications Plan, and updating/revising the Plan as needed
- Assist in the Development of the project Communications Workplan based on the LTA Communications Plan and the LTA Workplan, defining specific communication and outreach materials required, and the timeline for producing and delivering
- Working closely with Chief of Party and Land Administration Specialist to develop key messages for various stakeholder groups and outreach/communication activities
- Develop, design and produce or manage the production of all LTA communications and outreach materials and events.
- Deliver LTA communications directly at the village, district, and national level as required.
- Train other LTA staff, organizational partners, and public officials in the use and delivery of LTA produced communications and outreach materials.
- Work closely with District Land Administration to ensure that materials produced and methods developed are appropriate for long term sustainable use.
- Manage procurement (in compliance with LTA policies and in close collaboration with LTA Finance and Operations Manager) of all support services for outreach and communications. This may include printing, translating or other production of LTA designed materials, or outsourcing the design and development of materials such as theater, music, cartoon, posters, event management, etc.
- Conduct surveys which gauge effectiveness of communication tools and methods for each stakeholder group, and collaborate with key stakeholders to refine and revise materials and methods to improve effectiveness
- Collect and enter data for LTA contractual performance indicators that relate to the effectiveness of communication tools and methods (including training).
- Other duties as assigned by Chief of Party to assist in the implementation of LTA activities
- Minimum 3 years prior relevant professional experience
- Bachelor degree in communications, media, rural development, or other relevant field
- Prior management experience required, including strategic communications planning
- Experience with field communications in villages/communities
- Excellent spoken and written English and Swahili
- Previous experience working on USAID projects is preferable
Interested candidates should email a cover letter and their resume to LTArecruitment@dai.com with the position name in the subject line before the 9 March 2018 deadline.
Get real time update about this post categories directly on your device, subscribe now.