Location: Kinondoni, Kijitonyama Dar Es Salaam
EFC Tanzania is a Microfinance Bank that provides financial services i.e. taking deposits and providing loans to micro, small and medium-sized enterprises and individuals. The bank is growing fast with the focus of reaching out to the unbanked business by growing its network throughout Tanzania in the coming years. To accomplish this, the bank needs to recruit Executive Assistant who is competent, analytical, experienced and hardworking individuals determined to go extra mile for their career growth and future.
It is the primary objective of the Executive Assistant to provide various administrative, project management, and organization support to the MD ensuring timely execution and follow ups as required. This is a key strategic position for highly motivated candidates only as they will work closely with MD on all matters involving the management of a bank.
Duties & Responsibilities
This position is primarily responsible to assist the MD by providing comprehensive governance, company secretary, management, administrative and communications support. The responsibilities could be expanded with that of a Company Secretary depend on the candidate.
The principal responsibilities are to:
• Support the MD regarding activities related to the management of human, financial and material resources;
• Provide project management oversight support for ongoing projects;
• Assist the MD with the organization and follow-up of meetings and appointments, travel;
• Gather data, build and/or maintain Excel-based files, prepare correspondence, meeting minutes, and reports;
• Contribute to the development and preservation of a collaborative team environment with all EFC personnel;
• Implement and manage a practical, efficient and functional document filing and management system;
• Perform general office administrative tasks related to greeting of visitors, word processing and document management.
Other tasks and responsibilities that will enable the fulfillment of the above noted responsibilities include:
• Maintaining the office diary for the MD and ensuring important meetings/activities are logged and reminders provided;
• Organizing various meetings (i.e. Shareholder, Board, Management etc.) and attending to record minutes as required;
• Performing administrative tasks related to the processing and distribution of mail and phone calls, drafting and editing of documents, minutes, compiling of data and producing various reports as required;
• Ensuring efficient document management and updating of files (i.e. opening, closing, classification, access control, circulation, filing, etc.) in respect of EFC policies and standards;
• Maintaining confidentiality and ensuring confidential files, documents and information is properly preserved and secured;
• Supporting various operations related to the correct operation of the computer system and of the security of the premises, equipment and valuables;
• Ensuring all communication to and from the MD are attended to on time and all concerns by staff are brought to his/her attention in a timely manner;
• Ensuring the prudent use of systems and tools by the resources of the institution and making recommendations to improve the efficiency of the operational processes;
• Establishing and coordinating the implementation of company administrative polices;
• Performance of any other related duties and responsibilities as assigned by the MD.
Qualifications & Requirements (i.e. education, skills and experience)
The Executive Assistant requires good practical knowledge of executive administrative and governance / company secretarial support functions in the financial services sector. In this regard, specific qualifications and requirements include:
• Master’s Degree preferably Law or in Business studies;
• Preferably experience in dealing with Board Members and /or stakeholders;
• Three years relevant experience;
• Excellent planning, organisational, problem solving and report writing skills;
• Ability to manage multiple priorities and deadlines;
• Excellent interpersonal skills in a cross-cultural environment;
• Exceptional written and verbal communication skills;
• Strong computer skills (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, database, etc.).
• Able to work with deadlines and flexible working hours if required;
Interested candidates are requested to submit a letter of interest detailing their motivation for the position applied for together with their Curriculum Vitae, three professional references and copies of academic Certificates/Diplomas/Degree and others
Closing Date is 08th December 2017. The letters should be addressed to:
Human Resources Department,
EFC Tanzania Microfinance Bank Limited,
8th Floor, Tanzanite Park, 38 New Bagamoyo Road,
P.O. Box 11735, Dar es Salaam, Tanzania.
Job provider: EFC Tanzania
Get real time update about this post categories directly on your device, subscribe now.