Other Dar es Salaam District Dar Es Salaam
The Tanzania Communications Regulatory Authority Consumer Consultative Council (TCRA-CCC) was established by the TCRA Act No. 12 of 2003 to safeguard the rights and interests of consumers of regulated communications goods and services in ICT, broadcasting and postal services.
The functions of the Council include:-
• Representing the interests of Consumers by making submissions to, providing views and information to and consulting with the Authority Minister and sector Ministers.
• Receiving and disseminating information and views on matters of interest to consumers of regulated communications goods and services.
• Establishing local, regional and sector consumer committees and consult with them.
• Consulting with industry; government and other consumer groups on matters of interests to consumers of regulated goods and services.
In order to continue to meet its strategic objectives, the Council seeks to employ a competent, self-motivated and committed candidate to fill the vacant position of Education and Advocacy Officer
The Education and Advocacy Officer reports to the Executive Secretary
Duties and Responsibilities
i. To spearhead the implementation of the Strategic Plan including monitoring and evaluation of its performance
ii. To develop and monitor Consumer Advocacy and Education programs for the Council.
iii. To develop well organized publicity activities and awareness creation programs for both business community and the public.
iv. To co-ordinate outreach programs and activities of Regional Consumer Committees established by the Council in different Regions in Tanzania.
v. To organize awareness creation programs on consumer rights and obligations according to the needs of the Council.
vi. To ensure efficient and proper responses to complaints from consumers and the general public.
vii. To carry out research on various consumers related issues such as various charges and quality of services.
viii. To perform any other duties as instructed by the Executive Secretary.
Qualifications and Skills
• Masters degree in communication and media studies, marketing, behavioral change communication, Education, Sociology, or development studies from a recognized learning institution
• At least 5 years working experience in advocacy related work.
• High level of creativity and professionalism in designing for programmes, campaigns and interventions for realization of intended results and objectives
• Demonstrated experience in programs planning.
• High level experience and expertise in stakeholder engagement
• Experience in developing, managing, monitoring and evaluation systems.
• Very strong oral and written communication skills including report writing skills.
• Able to work with a wider range of communications service providers
• Have knowledge of the communication industry and media landscape
• Structured, self-driven, energetic and result oriented
• Ability to use programmer design tools will be an added advantage
An attractive remuneration and benefits package will be offered to the successful candidate.
How to Apply
Interested applicants must submit signed application letters, copies of relevant academic and professional certificates and detailed CV with names and addresses of three referees including current or last employer to:
TCRA Consumer Consultative Council,
Ministry of Works, Transport and Communication building 2nd Floor,
14 Jamhuri Street,
P.O. Box 1S16,
11470 DAR ES SALAAM.
Deadline for submission of application letters is 13th December, 2017
Applicants are requested to arrange for their own transport and accommodation expenses relating to attendance of the interview. Only shortlisted candidate will be contacted.
Job Provider: TCRA
Get real time update about this post categories directly on your device, subscribe now.