INSTRUMENTATION TECHNICIAN (2 VACANCIES) ACACIA MINING
Acacia Mining plc is Tanzania’s largest gold miner and one of the largest producers of gold in Africa. We have three producing mines, all located in Northwest Tanzania: Bulyanhulu, Buzwagi, and North Mara and a portfolio of exploration projects in Tanzania, Kenya, Burkina Faso and Mali. Acacia is listed on the Main Market of the London Stock Exchange and on the Dar es Salaam Stock Exchange.
Acacia Mining seeks to employ two (2) Instrumentation Technicians based at North Mara Mine. These roles report to the Electrical & Instrumentation First Line Leader and the role holders will be accountable to install, maintain and repair instrumentation and control systems at the Gold Plant, Water Treatment Plant and Power Generation Facility.
This is a permanent role, with the work roster being six weeks on and three weeks off.
• Ensure safe work practices by attending compulsory safety courses and meetings, use of required PPE, incident/ accident/ hazard reporting and ensuring total adherence to all Safety, Occupational Health and Environmental Policies, as well as other policies, procedures and guidelines.
• Conduct weekly Planned Task Observations (PTO’s) and Visible Felt Leadership (VFL) interactions.
• Assist with accident/ incident investigations as required and ensure that Marsh Audit issues raised are closed out.
• Conduct repair and preventative maintenance on instrumentation and process control systems to achieve production and cost targets.
• Increase Plant availability by ensuring a reduction in Plant downtime due to Electrical & Instrumentation faults.
• Ensure that 95% or higher Planned Maintenance (PM) compliance is maintained.
• Ensure cost management in day-to-day activities for the Electrical & Instrumentation section.
• Recognised Trade Certificate in Industrial Instrumentation
• Degree/ Diploma Light Current Electrical Engineering will be advantageous
• Certified PLC Programmer (Allen Bradley) and or SCADA Programmer/ Configurator (Citect) will be ideal
• Minimum 5 years post trade test experience
Skills / Knowledge Requirements:
• Industrial Field Instrumentation selection & configuration, maintenance & faultfinding
• Maintenance Systems (Pronto, FlowCentric etc.)
• Excellent analytical, troubleshooting, process optimization, and problem solving skills
• PID Loop Tuning
• Written & Verbal communication skills
• Working with hand tools
• Computer literacy
Applicants are invited to submit their CV’s/Resume’s (indicating the role title in the subject) via e-mail to:firstname.lastname@example.org
Job Providers: ACCACIA
Get real time update about this post categories directly on your device, subscribe now.