- Assist the Internal Audit Manager in conducting risk assessments for, and the development of, annual Internal Audit Plans.
- Test and document the adequacy and effectiveness of the systems of internal controls in the area of finance and operations. Review the reliability and integrity of financial information and the means used to identify measure, classify and report such information.
- Review the means of safeguarding assets and, as appropriate, verify the existence of such assets.
- Review operations and programs to ascertain whether results are consistent with established objectives and goals and whether the operations or programs are being carried out as planned.
- Understand the donors’ requirements, country’s laws and regulations, PSI internal policies and guidelines, including, but not limited to USAID Rules and Regulations, Global Fund, KFW, URT Income Tax Act (2004) and URT Procurement Act (2004). Review the established systems to ensure compliance with those policies, plans, procedures, laws and regulations which could have a significant impact on operations and reports, and determine whether PSI Tanzania is in compliance and suggest changes where required.
- Coach PSI’s staff throughout the audit reviews with the view to ensuring conformity with applicable policies and procedures in all phases of the audit process.
- Assist in developing and discussing findings, recommendations and time-lines for corrective actions with responsible staff of department audited and monitor the implementation status of agreed recommendations. If the corrective action is considered unsatisfactory, hold further discussions to achieve acceptable disposition
- Conducts investigations of irregularities, fraud, and/or embezzlement discovered by or brought to the attention of the Internal Audit function or as directed by the Senior Management
- Draft audit reports to be reviewed and approved by the Internal Audit Manager.
- Perform other related duties as determined by the Internal Audit Manager
Professional: Holder of CPA / ACCA / CA and a University Degree in Accounting or Finance. Postgraduate degree such as, MBA is an added advantage
Experience: At least (3) years audit experience from one of the International Big 4 Audit firms. Demonstrate in-depth technical knowledge and direct experience in the field of auditing, including descriptive and inferential statistics
Communication: ability to write persuasively in a clear and concise manner, and to communicate effectively orally
Computer Literacy: very good working knowledge of technology tools such as Excel, Word, Power Point and E-mails
Teamwork – Resourcefulness, proven interpersonal skills and the ability to work in a diverse environment with sensitivity and respect.
Integrity-Posses High level of integrity
How to apply:
Applications for the position must include:
i. A cover letter illustrating your suitability for the position against the listed requirements.
ii. Detailed curriculum vitae showing contact address, email, and day-time mobile phone number(s) and three (3) referees, ONE being your last employer
Applications will be considered valid if sent/received before 1700hrs, November 30th 2017. Please note that only short-listed applicants meeting the above requirements will be contacted.
Send your application to firstname.lastname@example.org, in MS Word or PDF file. Indicate the name of position on the subject line of your email.
Get real time update about this post categories directly on your device, subscribe now.