Senior Finance and Operations Manager
Dar Es Salaam, Tanzania, United Republic of, Tanzania, United Republic of, Tanzania, Dar Es Salaam
Finance & Accounting
IDG Global Health
RTI is seeking Senior Finance and Operations Manager for an anticipated USAID-funded malaria surveillance and Monitoring (GOT) project in Tanzania. The purpose of this project is to reduce the burden of malaria and to move towards the long-term goal of malaria elimination. The Senior Finance and Operations Manager will provide oversight for all financial and operational aspects of the project. The position will be based in Dar es Salaam, Tanzania.
• Manages all financial and operational aspects of the project and ensures compliance with RTI and USG financial and accounting policies and procedures and procurement integrity.
• Oversees preparation and submission of monthly financial statements (including expenses, receivable and payables).
• Ensures timely submission of expense reports, bank reconciliations and wire transfer requests to corporate headquarters in the US.
• Prepares monthly, quarterly and annual expenditures and prepare pipeline estimates for the project.
• Prepares biweekly cash requirements; monitor cash flow and reconcile cash accounts in order to maintain appropriate cash balances.
• Oversees human resource management, procurement, payroll administration to the project.
• Ensures appropriate systems and cost effective, timely procedures such as cash management, vendor payments, and budgeting are in place to properly disburse, account, budget and report funds and have the proper internal controls.
• Provides technical assistance as required to build financial management capacity of local partners and grantees.
• Reviews technical and financial proposals from local NGOs including negotiating annual budgets, and reviews grantee financial expenditure reports for accuracy and adherence to the SOW and budget.
• Implements and monitors cost effective and efficient systems and procedures.
• Supervises administrative and financial support team members.
• Master’s degree in business administration, economics, or finance;
• At least 9 years’ experience in international donor-funded financial and grants management, with a minimum of 5 years of senior-level responsibility for administration and finance managing programs of similar size.
• Proven expertise in finance, accounting and auditing, monitoring of grant compliance and management and the establishment of internal controls;
• Prior experience overseeing finance and administration for a USG-funded project of a similar size and complexity is highly desirable;
• Knowledge of USAID administrative, management and reporting procedures and systems along with strategic program planning, management, supervision, and budgeting expertise.
• Excellent track record of good interpersonal, supervision, leadership and managerial skills;
• Results-oriented and team player and ability to follow guidelines and controls required of the position;
• Prior experience managing a team of highly-successful staff working in multiple locations/field offices.
• Proficiency in MS Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Access plus working knowledge of accounting and procurement software (particularly QuickBooks) is preferable;
• Fluency in English is required. Additional proficiency in Swahili will be preferred.
• Willingness to reside and travel frequently within Tanzania.
TO APPLY: Candidates are encouraged to apply as soon as possible. Only short listed applicants will be contacted. This position is contingent upon award and funding. RTI is proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V.
Get real time update about this post categories directly on your device, subscribe now.