SYSTEM ADMINSTRATOR – VISION FUND TANZANIA MICRO-FINANCE BANK
Vision Fund Tanzania Microfinance Bank Ltd (VFT-MFB) is a fast growing and reputable Micro Finance Bank, it has a loan book of Tshs.23.6 billion with 57,000 customers, over 15,000 of the total customers are small holder farmers. VFT-MFB, an equal opportunity employer hereby invites applications from strategic; results oriented and performance driven Tanzanians who have the passion for people’s economic development to fill in the vacant position below;
Position: System Administrator Work Reference No#5
Reporting to: Head of Technology & Projects
1. To ensure 95% effectiveness of VFT’s Core Banking System
2. To ensure the integrity, confidentiality and availability of its databases.
3. To ensure all system is up-to-date as advancement of technology as well as organization changes.
Main Duties & Responsibilities:
1. Installations, configurations and maintenance of the system.
2. Ensures system and its operations comply with MIS policy manual and procedures.
3. Ensures that User Manual and Admin technical manual and troubleshooting procedures of the-system are followed
4. Ensures that VFT’s information is processed, stored and retrieved safely
5. Ensures that system end users are trained effectively & efficiently
6. Receives, troubleshoots, reports and records all end user incidents and fix any gaps on time.
7. Prepares monthly system situation report
Key qualifications and experience
1. University degree in Information Technology or B.Sc. in Computer Science
2. Minimum of four years working experience as system administrator of ‘any database applications
3. At least two years’ experience as T24 system admin in banking industry is an added advantage
4. Experience in Linux server’s installation, configuration, administration and maintenance.
5. Experience in administration and maintenance of Jbase or MSSQL Databases Engines.
Other Soft Skills
1. Must be a self-motivated person who can work under tight time frames with minimal supervision
2. A performance driven person, innovative and ready to learn new things
3. A team-work person with clear concise, tactful communication and interpersonal skills to interact with all levels of staff as well as management team.
4. Analytical and independent problem solving and trouble-shooting skills.
5. Able to clarify technical concepts and procedures to non-technical users for common understanding.
6. Excellent character and unquestionable integrity.
Working Environment & Remuneration.
VisionFund Tanzania Microfinance Bank has a calm and harmonious working environment where staffs are highly valued. Good work is recognized and rewarded and there is an opportunity to grow professionally and spiritually.
Mode of application
Application letters stating the work reference number with photocopies of certificates and CV’s with three referees should be sent EITHER online to vftHRstaff@vftz.co.tz OR through the below postal address. Kindly choose one method of sending the application to reach VFT-MFB not later than two weeks after the first appearance of this advertisement.
The Chief Executive Officer, Vision Fund
Tanzania Microfinance Bank Limited
P.O. Box 1546, Arusha. TANZANIA.
N.B. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Source Mwananchi 10/11/2017
Get real time update about this post categories directly on your device, subscribe now.