Tanzania Geothermal Development Company Limited (TGDC) is a subsidiary company of
the Tanzania Electric Supply Company (TANESCO) established in December 2013 and carne into operation in July 2014 vvith a mandate to spearhead geothermal resources in Tanzania.
To be the most competitive regional geothermal resources development: company serving today and future generations with reliable, affordable and environmental friendly energy.
To offer reliable and efficient: geothermal energy development: services t:o support: t:he nation’s development vision.
TGDC is mandated:
a) To carry out geothermal explolation including geological, geochemistry, seismological, volcanological studies;
b) To carry business in geothermal drilling for steam and hot water, well testing and logging , reservoir assessment and management;
c) To mobilize funds for geothermal development from various sources;
d) To promote geothermal business and developer of alternative uses of geothermal energy than electricity including watering cultures, therapeutic uses, geothermal bathing, drying of farm products and all industrial and non-industrial uses;
In order to reach its goals, the company intends to invest in its business, systems and human capital. TGDC now invites applications from self-motivated, pro-active, honest, hardworking and committed TANZANIANS to fill in the undermentioned position:
Position: Drivers Cum Messenger (1 POST) – Ref: TGDC/HR/023
Reporting to: Manager Finance
Directorate: General Manager’s Office
To drive company vehicles and perform administrative activities.
Operates assigned vehicle in a safe and courteous manner;
Keeps logs of their activities and makes sure the vehicle is maintained and it is always in good working condition;
Performs preventative and regular maintenance on the vehicle;
Maintains accurate, up-to-date records on trip sheets, transportation forms, vehicle maintenance, incident reports, accident reports, vehicle condition reports and her records that are requested by management
Maintain mileage logs;
Coordinates the schedule for major or periodic vehicle maintenance with management and staff to minimize service delivery interruptions;
Timely collection, and circulation (delivery and collection) of internal & external mail and other documents;
Driving foreign experts/officers in various official endeavors
Performs general basic administrative duties as may be required from “time to time.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
• Form IV certificate (passed);
• Clean valid driving licence class/category C
• Driving Certificate from NIT or VETA; and
• At least three years working experience in a reputable organisation
REQUIRED SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES
• Ability to drive a mul1:i-passenger vehicle safely and appropriately;
• Must: be able to read, write and speak English and Swahili;
• Ability to prepare concise and accurate records and reports; extensive knowledge of the operations and features of assigned vehicle(s);
• Ability to recognize vehicle maintenance needs;
• Ability to perform minor vehicle repairs;
• Applicants must be Citizens of United Republic of Tanzania and not above 35 years old
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT:
Permanent & Pensionable including six months of probation.
A competitive package will be offered to a successful candidate.
MODE OF APPLICATION:
• A detailed application letter, clearly stating why you should be considered for the position, and how you will add value;
• A detailed Curriculum Vitae, copies of relevant certificates, testimonials and contacts of two reliable Referees;
• All applications should be in English language;
• Testimonials and provisional results/results slips will not be accepted;
• Only short listed candidates will be contacted
Deadline: Applications should be submitted to the address below, not later than 17th November, 2017
THE GENERAL MANAGER,
TANZANIA GEOTHERMAL DEVELOPMENT COMPANY LIMITED,
P.O BOX 14801,
DAR ES SALAAM.
(MOUNT MERU BUILDING, MANDELA ROAD)
Get real time update about this post categories directly on your device, subscribe now.